OpenFortiGUI is an open-source VPN-Client to connect to Fortigate VPN-Hardware. It is based on openfortivpn and adds an easy to use and nice GUI on top of it, written in Qt5.
Unlike other VPN-clients it is also possible to connect to multiple VPN-destinations simultaneously. It is an replacement for the closed-source Forticlient – SSLVPN Client.
Important: Since version 0.2.12 the encoding of AES-encrypted passwords has changed because of a change of the upstream AES-library. You must reset all passwords for your VPN-profiles again to work, sorry for the inconveniences.
- Qt5 GUI, based on 5.5
- openfortivpn library built-in, no separate download required
- All settings saved in text-files, so easy to share, passwords saved AES-encrypted (key can be defined as needed)
- VPNs divided into local and global sections (readonly, useful for deployments to many users)
- VPN-groups can be defined to start groups of VPNs at the same time
- Trayicon with fast access to start/stop VPNs and groups
- Multiple VPN connections possible simultaneously
- Certificate and user/password auth supported
- English and german language (sorry for german screenshots 😉 )
Prebuild packages are available for following Distros:
Ubuntu 16.04 (last Update 6.10.2017):
Debian 9 (last Update 6.10.2017):
You can also use our apt mirror, for instructions see: https://styrion.at/apt/
Quick instruction to build from source:
- Install DEV-tools (on Ubuntu: build-essential, qt5-default, libssl-dev)
- git clone https://github.com/theinvisible/openfortigui.git
- cd openfortigui && git submodule init && git submodule update
- cd qtinyaes && git submodule init && git submodule update
- cd .. && qmake && make -j8
- openfortigui binary is ready